Ci scusiamo. Al momento non è disponibile alcuna traduzione italiana per questa pagina.
This is even better if you can find Sicilian blood oranges! –Jackie Capurro
- 4 large oranges
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1/4 cup raisins
- 1 tablespoon grappa or other liqueur
- 2 tablespoons high-quality balsamic vinegar
- mint leaves for garnish
- Peel the oranges, and cut them into large rounds about 1/2-inch thick
- Place each slice in a large frying pan, sprinkle with the sugar, and add the raisins. (You may have to do this in two batches.)
- Add 2 tablespoons water, and cook over high heat for the first 3 minutes.
- Lower the heat, and cook for 4 more minutes, flipping the oranges halfway through.
- Pour in the grappa, and let it evaporate.
- Arrange the oranges on a plate, add the sauce from the pan, and let cool to room temperature (do not put in the refrigerator)
- Drizzle with the balsamic vinegar, and serve, garnished with mint. Serves 4.