Ci scusiamo. Al momento non è disponibile alcuna traduzione italiana per questa pagina.
- 3/4 c butter
- 3 eggs
- 1-1/2 c all-purpose flour
- 1 t baking powder
- 1/4 t ground nutmeg
- 3/4 c sugar
- 1/4 c amaretto liqueur
- 1 t finely shredded lemon peel
- 1/2 t vanilla
Syrup / Glaze
- 1/3 c sugar
- 1/4 c water
- 2 T brown sugar
- 2 T light corn syrup
- [1/2 c amaretto liqueur – optional]
- Generously grease and flour six 4-inch fluted tube pans or one 6-cup fluted tube pan.
- Let butter and eggs stand at room temperature for 30 minutes. In a small mixing bowl, stir together flour, baking powder, and nutmeg. In a large mixing bowl, beat butter with electric mixer on medium speed for 30 seconds. Beat on medium-high speed, adding the 3/4 c sugar 2 tablespoons at a time, about 6 minutes or until mixture is very light and fluffy.
- Stir in the 1/4 c amaretto, lemon peel, and vanilla. Add eggs, one at a time, beating for one minute after each addition, scraping bowl often. Gradually add the flour mixture to butter mixture, beating on medium-low speed just till combined.
- Pour batter into prepared pan(s). Bake in a 325° oven 20-25 minutes for the miniature pans, 40-45 minutes for the large single pan, or until toothpick tests clean. Cool on wire rack for 10 minutes. Remove cake(s) from pan(s). Cool thoroughly on racks. Prick fluted top and sides of each cake generously with tines of fork.
- For syrup, in a medium saucepan, combine the remaining, 1/3 c sugar, water, brown sugar, and corn syrup. Cook and stir over medium heat till bubbly and most of the sugar is dissolved; remove from heat. [Stir in the 1/2 c amaretto.] Cool for 5 minutes.
- Dip fluted top and sides of each cooled miniature cake into syrup. Place cakes on a wire rack above a tray of cookie sheet. Spoon or brush any remaining syrup over tops of cakes. (For large cake, do not attempt to dip! Brush syrup on tops and sides of cake while on rack, allowing excess to drip into tray/cookie sheet below.)
- Wrap individual cakes in plastic wrap or cellophane; chill, fluted side up, for up to 3 weeks. Or transfer to a tightly covered container to chill.
Makes 6 miniature cakes or 1 large cake (24 servings)