Have you registered yet for our 2019 IFAFA Conference in Milwaukee, Wisconsin, September 27-29? If you have not yet made your hotel reservations, please call the Crown Plaza Milwaukee Airport at 1-414-764-5300 and give them the IFAFA Conference code “ZVV” to get the IFAFA room rate for Friday and Saturday nights. For more information, and to download a registration form, please go to our Event Page!!
Wow, we did it!!!!! …. It was the first time the Italian Culture Center of Education and Cuor d’Italia ever even thought of hosting a national conference, but …. we did it!!!
The conference started unofficially on Friday night, October 14, with Board and Open Member meetings. Later, we gathered in the dance hall, where Cuor d’Italia dancers taught Sbrondo, a fast-moving dance from Emilia-Romagna. Then, off to the Hospitality Room for relaxing and a “get to know each other” evening. Lots of food, drink and merriment.
Saturday morning started with the following workshops, lectures and entertainment:
- Cooking With Nina: Demonstration & tasting delicious Polpette Di Riso e Patate – Nina DiMascio
- Dance workshops: Doris Beckert, Jackie Capurro, Mark DeSanctis & Susie DeSanctis Christiansen
- Lecture: Italian Migrations – Jason Scappaticci
- Lecture: Food & Unification of Italy – Prof. Dario DelPuppo
- Lecture: The Italian Design – Prof. Antonio Scontrino
- Music & Singing: Travelling through Italy – Prof. Enzo Boscarino
- Cantiamo Insieme: Italian songs – Christine Petrucci (Remember La Spagnola?)
- Create Your Own Rosary Beads
The 2011 IFAFA Conference included the following
Dance workshops conducted by three fantastic teachers:
- Mark DeSanctis: Noted Italian folk dancer and choreographer
- Jackie Capurro: Teaching two dances from the Sud Tirol, Alto Adige
- Doris Beckert: Teaching Italian Renaissance dances
Cantiamo Insieme: Italian Songs
Christine Petrucci is the founder, director, and piano teacher at the Seacoast Academy of Music in North Hampton, NH. Get ready for a fun-filled music class!
Lecture: The Italian Design
Professor Antonio Scontrino specializes in Digital and Film Photography and Graphics Technology at Central Connecticut State University.
Lecture: Food and Unification of Italy
Professor Dario Del Puppo specializes in Language and Culture Studies at Trinity College, Hartford, CT.
Cooking Demo and Tasting
Nina Dimascio is the founder of the Italian Culture Center of Education and Cuor d’Italia. She presented a Sicilian dish traditionally prepared during Carnevale. Her love for the Italian culture is brought forth in her love of cooking.